The official logo for Thrashed Apple.
|Current Status:||Permanent Flavor|
|Locations Available:||United States (Kroger and Kroger-owned stores)|
|Year(s) Available:||2021 - Present|
|Related Flavors:||Electric Apple|
|Similar Flavors:||Green Label|
|Related Promotions:||(No related promotions to match with)|
Not to be confused with Electric Apple.
Thrashed Apple is a Mountain Dew flavor exclusively sold throughout Kroger and Kroger-owned stores in the United States permanently. Its tagline is "DEW Charged with Crisp Apple. Natural & Artificial Apple Flavor."
Thrashed Apple, as its name implies, is a Crisp Apple flavor of Mountain Dew. It's similar to another Dew flavor, which has a similar shade of apple flavor, Electric Apple. Its color has a light green cloudy color.
On May 13th, 2021, in a r/MountainDew Reddit post, Thrashed Apple got first leaked by a user named "jerbilegit2," showing an image of Thrashed Apple in its 12 pack design and 20-ounce bottle design. The photograph shows a potential release date of September 13th, 2021, leaving some people skeptical of its release date. In addition, Kroger itself owns other regional supermarket chains in the United States, leaving people for some more skepticism.
On various dates of 2021, there are some designs and photographs of Thrashed Apple on certain websites across the internet. These posts show that it is slowly inching closer to its release to Kroger and Kroger-owned stores.
On August 26th, 2021, it got discovered that the Kroger website listed a 20-ounce bottle online listing for Thrashed Apple. From the listing alone, it reads, "Mt. Dew Thrashed Apple Soda - Available to purchase on September 13th!." The online listing on the site shows an official launch date, proving the previously mentioned rumors correct.
Officially, it got released in Kroger and Kroger-owned stores in the United States on September 13th, 2021, sold in 12 packs and 20-ounce bottles, permanently.
- On May 15th, 2021, in a r/MountainDew Reddit post, a user named "coolbrandon101" posted a photograph of a test bottle of Thrashed Apple. The picture itself reveals this flavor's number to be #512.
- This flavor is the fourth Green Apple flavor of Mountain Dew. The first one being Diet Crave, the second being Electric Apple, and the third being partly Green Label.
- With the people left skepticism of Kroger owning other regional supermarket chains in the United States. For the longest time, people debated it would get released to other Kroger-owned stores. However, there wasn't any evidence pointing out that it would get released in Kroger-owned stores.
- Not until late August 2021, people discovered online listings of 12-packs and 20-ounce bottles on some Kroger-owned supermarket websites. From the online listings alone, this proved that Thrashed Apple, planning on getting released in Kroger-owned stores.
- If you take a look at its packaging, there are some references to Kroger and Dew itself. These references are "D T D" (Do The Dew), "1883" (the year that Kroger got founded), and "K" (stands for Kroger's first letter of its name).