The official Revolution label art.
|Flavor:||Wild Berry Fruit|
|Locations Available:||United States|
|Year(s) Available:||2007 (Test release)
2008 (Store release)
2011 (Throwback Shack Contest Prize Only)
|Similar Flavors:||Dark Berry|
Game Fuel (Wild Fruit)
Game Fuel (Electrifying Berry)
Game Fuel (Berry Lime)
Diet Ultra Violet
Blue Shock Freeze
Thin Ice Freeze
Kickstart Recharge (Energizing Blueberry Pomegranate)
Goji Citrus Strawberry
Amp Game Fuel Charged (Berry Blast)
Kickstart Hydrating Boost (Energizing Strawberry Kiwi)
Kickstart Hydrating Boost (Energizing Raspberry Citrus)
Revolution was a Mountain Dew flavor, first appearing as a contestant in the first DEWmocracy promotion. It's tagline was "DEW Infused with Wild Berry Fruit flavor and Ginseng with natural and artificial flavors."
Revolution was a wild berry fruit flavored soda, with added ginseng for flavor enhancement. It was sky blue in color. Many fans describe the taste of Revolution as a cross between White Out and Baja Blast.
- Main article: DEWmocracy
Revolution was designed by Mountain Dew fans in the first phase of DEWmocracy, and then released over the summer of 2008 to compete with Voltage and Supernova to become a permanent flavor. On August 19th, voting had ended and Voltage was announced the winner, having won 41% of the votes. Supernova came in second place, with Revolution in third.
- Main article: Throwback Shack
In 2011, a "secret stash" of Revolution was offered as a prize to those who entered to win them daily at the Throwback Shack website. The winner of the Revolution uploaded a video on November 18 of that year showing that he had been sent 12 glass bottles of Revolution, packed in a large wooden box. In 2016, he started an eBay auction to buy one glass bottle of it. The auction ended on November 14th at 7:30 PM, by which point the bidding had reached $33 USD.
Mountain Dew Revolution was available in fountain form at the 7-Eleven stores in The Philippines. It was unknown how many years it served in their soda fountains.
- Many fans describe the flavor of Diet Ultra Violet to be close to Revolution, mostly due to the berry flavoring in both. Fans have also stated that Dark Berry tasted similar to Revolution as well.
- Recently, there had been an uprising demand for Revolution's return to shelves since the Back by Popular DEWmand promotion gave three discontinued flavors (Supernova, Pitch Black, and Typhoon) a limited return to shelves. Mountain Dew had commented on this, saying that there were no plans to bring Revolution back. However, they followed up this statement with advice to "never say never," lending hope to fans of the flavor.
- Revolution was the only DEWmocracy flavor not featured in FanDEWmonium.
- In late 2020, rumors surfaced about the flavor's re-release, along with a supposed photo of marketing materials; however, it was revealed in April 2021 that this was a hoax by members of the Dew Drinker Discord.