|Mountain Dew Ice|
Mountain Dew Ice's logo.
Used to display colors
|Current Status:||Permanent Flavor|
|Locations Available:|| United States|
|Year(s) Available:|| United States: 2017 (Prototype), 2018 - Present (Store Release)|
Canada: 2018 - Present
Fountain Release: 2018 - Present (Circle K)
|Related Flavors:|| Dewshine|
Johnson City Gold
Electric Charge Freeze
Kickstart (Energizing Limeade)
Game Fuel (Lemonade)
Game Fuel (Berry Lime)
Cold Fusion Freeze
Amp Game Fuel Charged (Tropical Strike)
Amp Game Fuel Charged (Original Dew)
Kickstart (Energizing Original Dew)
Kickstart Ultra (Energizing Original Dew)
Kickstart (Energizing Mango Lime)
Spiked (Raspberry Lemonade)
|Similar Flavors:||Mountain Dew Ice (Cherry)|
|Related Promotions:|| Mountain Dew Ice Vs. Doritos Blaze|
Dew Nation Rewards
Mountain Dew Ice is a Mountain Dew flavor that was officially released in stores of the United States on Martin Luther King Jr. Day of 2018 (or January 15th). It was first leaked in September 2017 by the YouTube channel myCountyMarket. Another YouTuber by the name of Avery Heaney TV and his friends had found Mountain Dew Ice as a 2017 prototype in this video.
Mountain Dew Ice has a crisp taste, with lemon-lime like flavor with the traditional dew mixed in. It also has a splash of real juice.
Mountain Dew Ice was first seen in a YouTube video that myCountyMarket posted on September 8th, 2017, as seen in the background on one of the shelves on one of their product reviews. A few weeks later, myCountyMarket posted a review concerning the flavor, revealing that it was going to be released anytime around the Super Bowl of 2018.
Mountain Dew Ice was later officially released in stores of the United States on Martin Luther King Jr. Day of 2018 (or January 15th, 2018).
Similar to previous Mountain Dew releases, there had been early reports of Mountain Dew Ice before the set release date, such as YouTuber Avery Heaney TV, who found Mountain Dew Ice on January 7th, 2018. The earliest report of Mountain Dew Ice which was released on the same day in some locations in the United States in different various sizes such as the 20oz dome bottle design, and more.
On January 22nd, 2018, it was announced by Mountain Dew Canada’s Facebook page that Mountain Dew Ice would join the lineup as a permanent flavor.
- Main article: Mountain Dew Ice Vs. Doritos Blaze
On February 4th, 2018, a promotion aired during Super Bowl LII featuring 2 new snacks: Doritos Blaze and Mountain Dew Ice.
In early April 2018, Mountain Dew Ice became available in 16.9-ounce bottles in all Walmart stores in the United States. By late May 2018, it was later released in some other select grocery stores across the United States.
- Mountain Dew Ice was featured in the YouTube channel myCountyMarket along with other eleven Mountain Dew flavors: Game Fuel (Tropical Smash), Arctic Burst, Citrus Cherry, Holiday Brew, Merry Mash-Up, Mountain Dew Ice (Cherry), Amp Game Fuel Charged (Cherry Burst), Amp Game Fuel Charged (Berry Blast), Amp Game Fuel Charged (Tropical Strike), Amp Game Fuel Charged (Original Dew) and Liberty Brew.
- Mountain Dew Ice is the 2nd clear soda that has been produced in the Mountain Dew lineup, the first being Dewshine, and the third being Mountain Dew Ice (Cherry).
- Avery Heaney TV is a YouTuber that had found Holiday Brew and Mountain Dew Ice prior to their official releases in his videos.
- Mountain Dew Ice's prototype release featured a Sidekick bottle design, similar to the other flavors in the lineup. Since its official release, its container was changed to a dome-like design, similar to that of other Pepsi products.
- In the pre-release state of Mountain Dew Ice, there were various minor changes made to the container; the type was changed from a Sidekick bottle to a dome-like design used in other Pepsi products, and the label design was changed. This was the only flavor that has had multiple changes to its container design prior to its official release.
- Mountain Dew Ice, along with Mountain Dew Ice (Cherry) is the only lemon-lime soda brand that has caffeine in it.